Assembly Line Machines are manufacturing systems in which work-in-progress moves from station to station in sequential order. At each workstation, new assemblies take place, the end result of which is a finished product. We, at Mekonix Systems, the leading Machine manufacturer in Pune, always look into the issues plaguing common Assembly Line Machines and churn out solutions.
The following 9 common scenarios are:
- Over (or Under) Production Due to a Change in Demand-There is an emerging trend that requires manufacturers, for example, Top industrial automation companies in India, to move and change at lightning speed. Whether you’re experiencing changes in the market for lower (or higher) demand for specific products, rigid Assembly Line Machines and a dearth of proper tools make rebalancing your assembly line costly and time-consuming. The solution is to rapidly accommodate production schedule changes.
- Diminished Returns on Lean Manufacturing Efforts-If your company has successfully embraced lean strategies for Assembly Line Machines, but lately, has been witnessing diminishing returns, it’s high time for a paradigm shift to keep PDCA moving, technology being the only way out to solve this problem.
- Lack of Real-Time Information-Many manufacturing Assembly Line Machines lacks the infrastructure or tools to identify problem areas and make analysis, which makes them unable to foresee potential issues. So, it’s imperative to own a tool for continuous monitoring and analyzing.
- Imbalance in Station Workloads-Assembly Line Machines may be poorly balanced due to industry timings standards and documents not reflecting accurately the real task timing at each station. The feasible solution is the line balance simulator in the Process Engineering Tool enabling you to continuously average interlocked tasks, having more actual time estimates to appropriately balance the work.
- WIP or Manufacturing Cycle Time-Ignorance of knowledge about Assembly Line Machines process and/or unrealistic production quotas may end you up experiencing unnecessary buffers and product storage areas (WIP), impacting negatively on your bottom line. Therefore, it’s incumbent to have real-time data for easy identification of unnecessary WIP.
- Lengthy Changeover Time- You may reduce or eliminate changeovers due to the cost and time required to execute a lengthy changeover process, the outcome of which entails an overproducing inventory. The one-and-only solution is a production line life cycle management tool, capable of doing diversified tasks with on-the-fly changeover in much less time.
- Delayed Product Launches on New Assembly Lines-When launching a new assembly line, it becomes difficult to develop both the product and the assembly line within typical aggressive program timing requirements. With state-of-the-art machine manufacturing companies/units, say, Machine manufacturer in Pune, coming to the fore, all your woes and worries can be put to rest.
- Low Production Quality-Devoid of proper tools, you may face difficulty in identifying station(s) or location(s) causing quality issues within the process of Assembly Line Machines, impacting line efficiency a great deal. The remedy is to pinpoint quality issues at the source of the problem and implement changes to improvise upon quality.
- Late Product Launches on Existing Assembly Lines-When modifying an existing assembly line for a new product within a stipulated deadline, there’re chances of launch getting delayed due to time-consuming and expensive reconfiguration, with the Process Configuration Tool, coming to your aid.
Thus, the indispensable role of Assembly Line Machines is unmistakable and the onus is on us to fix up problems for proceeding further in the field of modern-day technology.